[x264-devel] About error concealment

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 21 14:34:55 CEST 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, æ­¦å~M~Wé¾~Z wrote:

>  I have a question about error concealment. I used x264 to encode a
> video. And in the encoded video, assume there are some consecutive
> frames: I P B b .....
>  If the P or B frame is lost, how to reconstruct(or estimate) the next frames?

If frames are lost, you're screwed. There is no way to reconstruct
anything worthwhile. If you want an algorithm that may or may not look
slightly better than discarding everything until the next keyframe, you
could assume that the lost frames are identical the preceding valid frame.

--Loren Merritt