[x264-devel] C Style X264 not easily compiled in Visual Studio.

Sean McGovern gseanmcg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:10:45 CEST 2009

Loren and several other of the core developers have already admitted several times that they are not fond of Visual Studio nor Microsoft's compiler suite.

It is a significant undertaking to keep x264 buildable on so many different architectures -- and VS never ceases to underwhelm in the language compliance department. Windows doesn't go to any great lengths to support POSIX either.

Just my $0.02 (and closing it off before I start ranting even more),

-- Sean