[x264-devel] Problem on using x264_encoder_encode

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:59:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Alessandro
Ferrari<alessandroferrari87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari at gmail.com>
>>
>> > Ok, many thanks for support, you save me ;)  i try to install the last
>> > version and then I retry. I hope i don't meet again this problem, else i
>> > newly contact this mailing list. Only a last question, for disable
>> > lookahead
>> > i've only to put param.rc.i_lookahead = 0?
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> Also, you can drop by #x264 or #x264dev on Freenode IRC (
>> irc.freenode.net ) if you want more realtime/interactive help.
>>
>> Dark Shikari
>
> I update the x264 version and I've add this line before calling the encoder
> function:
>
>     param.i_bframe_adaptive = 0;
>     param.rc.i_lookahead = 0;
>     param.i_bframe = 0;
>
> but the problem persists. Probably is not caused by frame delay.

What is the problem you're talking about?  If you mean encoder_encode
not returning a frame in the first few frames of input, that's
normal--that's part of the frame delay.  Threads cause frame delay as
well, and by default, x264 will automatically pick multiple threads
depending on how many cores your system has.  To disable this, set
threads to 1.

Dark Shikari