[x264-devel] Why all MVs are stored as int16_t in x264?!

Christina Boyd christina.boyd at live.com
Wed Dec 16 05:22:26 CET 2009

Hi All,

I just noticed that, in x264, all motion vectors are stored as "int16_t". So, it means that all MVs are integer in x264! But as you know, if we use say half-pel or quarter-pel motion estimation then our motion vectors would be float. But am I right? Thanks.
Best Regards,Christina
Windows Live:  Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail you.