[x264-devel] compilation failure on NetBSD (ssse3 related)

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 01:09:09 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM,  <hbent at cs.oberlin.edu> wrote:
> After the large intra asm pred commit x264 no longer compiles on NetBSD 5.
>  This appears to be because it is unconditionally emitting SSSE3
> instructions, which binutils 2.16.1 doesn't understand.  Perhaps there
> should be ifdefs around the ssse3 (and perhaps sse2?) functions.

We already require a modern assembler; why shouldn't we require a
non-stone age binutils?  A distinction between the two seems horribly
silly to me.  If you don't have the necessary dependencies to compile
x264 with assembly, you can use --disable-asm.

A configure check, much like the yasm one, might be useful however.

Dark Shikari