[x264-devel] possible bug found?

Tisch Dániel tisch.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:21:17 CET 2009

Hi Developers,

I'm not really sure if it's the right place for reporting a possible
bug, but didn't find any better...

I've realised that some kind of slow motion sources gets really
vibrating at high qp-s, while others not.
E.g.
ftp://ftp.ldv.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/dist/test_sequences/601/576i25_mobcal_ter.yuv
and 576i25_stockholm_ter.yuv from the same directory gets vibrating with
settings: --qp 40 --threads 3 --bframes 3.
But 576i25_parkrun_ter.yuv and 576i25_shields_ter.yuv (also from the
same dir) with the same settings do not.
I'm using the latest build from x264.nl.

What can be the reason for this? Is it maybe a bug? Or am I missing
something?
It would be nice to get relatively good encodes for all kind of sources
even at very low bitrates...

Thank you for your replies!

Daniel