[x264-devel] Types of blocks inside the macroblocks

Mitko Veta mitko.veta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:47:47 CET 2009

Hi,

I am modifying the code of x264 to dump additional parameters while
encoding. Then I intend to use those parameters to test various
postprocessing algorithms (for deblocking and deringing) and compare
them with the in-loop filter, for research purposes.

I managed to write the QP parameter for each macroblock to a stat
file, while encoding. What I also need is the type and number of
blocks inside the macroblock (number of 4x4 and 8x8 blocks and their
location). I can't figure out where is this information stored for
each macroblock. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks.

--
Mitko Veta

Mitko.Veta at gmail.com