[x264-devel] constrained intra prediction

Purvin Pandit purvinp at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:53:24 CET 2009

Hi

Is constrained intra prediction supported in x264? I quick search for the text in version (x264-snapshot-20080824-2245) shows that it is set to '0' in the PPS but I wasnt sure it this is ever used.

Additionally I changed the code to set it to '0' and '1' and encoded a sequence. The resulting reconstructed YUV file has the same md5sum which seems to indicate that contrained intra prediction is not supported.

Can someone confirm this? Also if this is not supported then is there a plan to add support?

Thanks,
-Purvin