[x264-devel] Windows x64 support

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Sat Jan 17 23:39:16 CET 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:52:24 +0000 (UTC), Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, BugMaster wrote:

>> Loren, can you tell me for what "xor  eax, eax" is used before "call
>> printf" in 32 bit version of x264_checkasm_call. May be I can remove
>> "xor  eax, eax" from both 32 bit and 64 bit versions?

> Number of optional arguments for the varargs calling convention.
> If you don't fell like looking up varargs for win64, you can change it to
> a simpler function.

> --Loren Merritt

Thanks. As understand from this:
http://mingw-w64.wiki.sourceforge.net/MinGW+x64+Software+convention
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd2wa36c(VS.80).aspx
Windows x64 calling convention doesn't need this.
Also I coundn't find where it is writen for x86 (can you give me a
link? Or it is undocumented feature?).