[x264-devel] Solaris 10 sparc patch to configure

hbent at cs.oberlin.edu hbent at cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Jan 23 22:43:29 CET 2009

On Fri, January 23, 2009 5:41 am, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Robinson, Greg wrote:
>
>> And finally, the version.sh script does not work on my system as I do
>> not
>> have git installed.  And if I did, it would not work.
>
> Git has been ported, so the only possible meaning or your sentence I can
> see is that `sort`, `join`, `awk`, and all the other standard tools used
> in version.sh also broken on Solaris?

I can see a few problems on Solaris 10 wrt version.sh:

-Stock /bin/sh doesn't understand "if [ $LOCALVER \> 1 ]".  I just use
bash instead.  /usr/xpg4/bin/sh appears to be OK.

-/bin/grep doesn't understand -q.  /usr/xpg4/bin/grep does.

-/bin/head doesn't understand -c.  Neither does /usr/ucb/bin/head.

I don't know why Solaris chooses to ship crippled tools in the default
install, but they do.

-Henry Bent