[x264-devel] Solaris 10 sparc patch to configure

Robinson, Greg greg.robinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Jan 28 04:07:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday, 27 January 2009 5:23 PM , Loren Merritt wrote:

> does this patch work?
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Robinson, Greg wrote:
>
> > 1. echo
> > I think when the configure script is run, it uses the shells builtin

> > echo command (which works), but when make is run, it uses /bin/echo,

> > which is broken on solaris.  Printf works, as well as echo \c.
>
> You can test that theory by adding "SHELL=/bin/bash" to the Makefile

Yes, the patch works a treat!  Excellent work Loren!  Thankx for that.

The only issue was when linking.  In config.mak SOFLAGS has to be:

-Wl,-h$(SONAME)

But other than that, it's perfect!

Thankx again,

Greg.

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.