[x264-devel] Windows x64 support

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Wed Jan 28 20:53:22 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:06:25 +0000 (UTC), Loren Merritt wrote:

> I don't see why type-checking qword is good but type-cehcking dword isn't.
Because rNmp are used only for pointer params which have fixed size but
differs on different platforms. rNm are used for all non pointer
params and their size is unknown (can be byte/word/dword/qword/dqword)
but mostly don't differ on different platforms (or zero/sign extension
is needed).

> But here's a version which should be functionally equivalent to yours and
> still eliminates all that duplication.
OK. This is acceptable for me.
http://stashbox.org/378754/x264_win64_support.06.r1093.diff
its generated code is identical to 05 version and
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1242697#post1242697 shows that
version 05 correctly works on Core2 / Phenom CPUs (both 32-bit and
64-bit Windows). Not tested is only Core i7 CPU and Linux 64-bit
platform. So if their tests is OK than I would think that the patch is
fully finished.

Anton Mitrofanov (a.k.a. BugMaster)