[x264-devel] [patch] control of maximum nalu size (multi-sclicing)

Mojtaba Hosseini mojtaba.hosseini at magorcorp.com
Fri Jul 3 15:23:11 CEST 2009

Simon Morlat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Find attached a new patch for controlling size of nalus.
> When the maximum nalu size parameter is set, x264 generates as many nalus as
> necessary to code the entire frame.
> The patch is small and simple. I validated it against the ffmpeg decoder.

There has been a much more complete patch on this already but it
has not been merged:

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2008-June/004663.html

In your patch maximum slice # is 128 but in the above patch, it is
dynamically allocated. It also allows setting slice size by macroblock
number as well as size in bytes.

Mojtaba