[x264-devel] Re : Motion Estimation

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:18:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM, David Smith<agentdavo at mac.com> wrote:
>> You also need stuff like parameters (b_chroma_me, motion search method,
>> etc).
>>
>> Dark Shikari
>
> Thanks DS.
>
> If you can spare a moment could you take a quick look over the attached
> file.  See if I am on the right track?
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

You seem to be missing the p_cost_mv arrays, which of course are
freaking enormous.  The good thing is that they're constant and global
(and static between processes for that matter), so they just have to
be somewhere in available memory.  Which one is picked (done at the
beginning of MB analysis) depends on the macroblock quantizer.

Dark Shikari