[x264-devel] Question about ME in x264

kenter kenter83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:19:43 CEST 2009

Thanks for your reply, I also want to ask more about this issue, I worked on
transplant ME into GPU, the cost of GPU memory can be ignored and
super-sampling can also moved to GPU. so, It seems the penalty of
pre-calculate is trivial.

However, when call h->mc.get_ref each time, the different branch in get_ref
function will lead to decrease the degree of parallelism, under this
circumstance, Is it benefit if pre-calculate of Qpel?