[x264-devel] CBR filler mode

Gabriel Bouvigne bouvigne at mp3-tech.org
Fri Jul 17 08:05:04 CEST 2009

Loren Merritt a écrit :

> You wanted this committed? CBR filler is a stupid feature, and it
> shouldn't be supported by any sane encoder, regardless of how little
> code it takes.

I didn't wanted to have this commited, simply because it's only coded
for single pass.
As for it being a stupid feature I know that some people want to have
it, and it was explicitely included within the standard, which likely
means that even if it does not suit your taste it might have some use.

(your opinion is that this should be handled by the transport layer
instead of the encoder, isn't it?)

--
Gabriel Bouvigne
www.mp3-tech.org