[x264-devel] obtaining psnr

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Sun Jul 19 23:08:14 CEST 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, aviad rozenhek wrote:

>> param->analyse.b_psnr = 1
>
> naturally, but that only prints to stdout.
> I'm accessing PSNR programmatically, and wondering about thread-integrity of
> accessing h->stats from my application thread

h->anything isn't part of the public api. It so happens that *currently*
the global stats (i.e. that part of h->stat that's not in h->stat.frame)
are only touched by the application thread, not the encoding threads. Otoh,
that gives you a sum of errors without telling you exactly how many frames
it was summed over...

--Loren Merritt