[x264-devel] about single layer video coding and scalable video coding

武南龚 nangergong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:30:26 CEST 2009

thank you so much. I'm a little puzzled by the sentence below, can you give
me some explanation.

Yes, temporal scalability is just a single layer with non-reference
frames at regular intervals.
_______________________________________

besides, x264 doesn't support SVC, can I treat the single layer coded video
as a temporal scalable video coded one?

and is there any other tools similar to x264 that support SVC?

thank you!

2009/6/18 Måns Rullgård <mans at mansr.com>

> 武南龚 <nangergong at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > hi,all
> >
> >   I'm using x.264 in linux now, I want to know which command line
> argument
> > decides whether the encoding is single layer video coding or scalable
> video
> > coding?
> > and how to encode videos using different scalable video coding (temporal
> > ,spatial and PSNR)?
>
> SVC is not supported in x264.
>
> > besides, is there any difference between single layer video coding and
> > temporal scalable video coding? I thought they are the same
>
> Yes, temporal scalability is just a single layer with non-reference
> frames at regular intervals.
>
> --
> Måns Rullgård
> mans at mansr.com

                                      此致
                        敬礼

                           龚武南

GongWunan

School of Electronic and Information Engineering
Xi'an Jiaotong University,
Xi'an 710049, People's Republic of China
^
Computer and Communication Networks Engineering
Politecnico di Torino,
TORINO 10138,Italy
Tel:+39-3881278481