[x264-devel] Bus error

Zubair Ali Khan zkhan at d2tech.com
Fri Mar 6 14:54:26 CET 2009

Måns Rullgård wrote:

>> cat /proc/cpu/alignment
>> User:           5
>> System:         0
>> Skipped:        0
>> Half:           0
>> Word:           0
>> DWord:          0
>> Multi:          0
>> User faults:    4 (signal)
>>

> As root, run "echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment".  That will allow
> unaligned accesses.

I did echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment as you said.
cat
/proc/cpu/alignment
User:
0
System:
0
Skipped:
0
Half:
0
Word:
0
DWord:
0
Multi:
0
User faults:    2 (fixup)

Then the program ran, and did not receive SIGBUS. I hope changing kernel
alignment behavior to fixup does not waste too many cycles. Thanks.