[x264-devel] regular intra period

Peter.List at telekom.de Peter.List at telekom.de
Wed Mar 11 10:52:11 CET 2009

> x264 will only generate non-IDR I-frames in the case that it detects a
> scenecut but it has been less than --min-keyint since the previous
> keyframe.  All non-scenecut I-frames are IDR.
>
> Dark Shikari

Hi Jason,
I am wondering, what's the idea behind the fact that scene cuts are NOT
made IDR.

Isn't it true, if I have detected a scene cut I explicitly do not want
any prediction from temporally previous B-frames, because these belong
to a different scene? Isn't it in particular for scene cuts, that I do
want IDR frames?

Regards
Peter