[x264-devel] Ratecontrol method

Nemso Aurele nemsauje at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:10:52 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm working on Ubuntu Hardy with X264_BUiLD 66

When I try to encode, i get this error : no ratecontrol method specified

I've found in common/common.c that : param->rc.i_rc_method = X264_RC_NONE by
default

And the - -rceq option isn't defined like in X264_BUILD 54 for example.

I want to know how we can specify the ratecontrol method. I think my error
happens because no ratecontrol method is specified.

And why we can't specify the - -rceq option with command line ?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Aurele