[x264-devel] implementing Cluster farming?

Mike Kazmier DaKaZ at zenbe.com
Fri Mar 20 17:55:06 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM "Steven Walters" <kemuri9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>From the looks of things, this patch if developed now has a high
> chance of conflicting with the threaded slicetype patch from DaKaZ.

Here would be a very cool idea: if we take the threaded slicetype patch and run with a lookahead >= GOP size*cluster nodes, we could server up each cluster node with a full gop and have none of the complex memory/frame management problems of just trying to frame/frame scale the system.  Obviously latency would greatly increase but you could use this for file to file or realtime encoding.

> So I'd rather just hold off on this until that patch is finalized and committed,
> rather than implementing it and having to fix it for that patch.

Yeah - sorry all, I have had no time lately to work on this... stay tuned, I'm getting motivated again ;)

DaKaZ