[x264-devel] rbsp_alignment_zero_bit

Deepak Singh deepak.ameen2k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 05:53:04 CET 2009

I too found this bug around two months back....
I informed too....I also agree that it is not critical error but should be
resolved.

I already gave thought on it..and I feel the magic number (0x35a4e4f5) in
the below line

cb->i_low |= (0x35a4e4f5 >> (h->i_frame & 31) & 1) << 10;

from function x264_cabac_encode_flush is the issue.
I couldn't figure out the relation between the magic number and the
h->i_frame.

2009/3/24 Ludrao <ludh264 at ludrao.net>

> Hi all,
>

> I found h264 streams encoded with x264 that has a bizare sequence of
> trailing bits.
>

> This is linked to section 7.3.2.11 of the standard:
>

> 7.3.2.11 RBSP trailing bits syntax
> rbsp_trailing_bits( ) {
> rbsp_stop_one_bit /* equal to 1 */
> while( !byte_aligned( ) )
> rbsp_alignment_zero_bit /* equal to 0 */
> }
>

> This seems no always to be respected ?
> For instance I found a stream where the last byte of the slice was 0x81.
> The stream is using CABAC encoding.
>

> I have done some checking, it happens to be the case in a lot of streams
> encoded with x264.
>

> This is not really a big deals since I can just ignore the trailing bits,
> but still...
>

> Maybe I am missing something in the spec ?
>

> Regards,
>

> Ludrao

Regards,
Deepak Singh