[x264-devel] commit: Weighted P-frame prediction (Dylan Yudaken )

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:27:35 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Mike Kazmier <DaKaZ at zenbe.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't add support for interlaced encoding with weightp yet.
>
> I am curious what effort is required to get interlaced encoding with weightp.  Anyone working on this yet?
>
> --DaKaZ

It will probably come after chroma weighting support (And the host of
bugfixes that are hitting weightp one by one).

The main tricky bit is that each *frame* gets its own weight, shared
among two fields (this problem doesn't exist in PAFF, where each field
gets its own weight).  This means we'll have to somehow make the
analysis interlace-aware.

Jason