[x264-devel] CPU capabilities on different platform

Simon Zhou simon.harmony at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:46:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

   I am a greenhand of x264, when I was running the x264 encoder code on
Intel CPU, CPU capabilities information printed by x264 is:

   *using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PHADD SSE4.2*

   then I run it on an AMD machine, CPU capabilities information becomes:

   *using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSEMisalign LZCNT*

   does (SSSE3 PHADD SSE4.2), which is missing in AMD CPU, help x264 for
higher performance? how much will it be?

Thanks
Simon