[x264-devel] Shared lib in VS2005

RLopez rlopez at netbox.com
Sat Apr 17 08:32:48 CEST 2010

>Hi All,

>I'm new to this mailing list so forgive me it this question has been asked
before.  I downloaded the latest x264 source snapshot(2245) and compiled
with mingw/msys("configure --enable-shared", "build").  I renamed
libx264.dll.a to libx264.lib and compiled a small program that calls a few
functions defined in x264.h using VS2005 and then ran the program from a
directory containing libx264-92.dll.  The program executes as expected when
built using debug mode.  However if I build using release mode the program
crashes in the first function call.  Does anyone know how to get a libx264
VS2005 project to work in release mode. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I was able to get it to work by changing these settings:

C/C++->Optimization->Whole Program Optimization->No
Linker->General->Enable Incremental Linking->Yes
Linker->Optimization->Reference->Default
Linker->Optimization->Enable COMDAT Folding->Default
Linker->Optimization->Link Time Code Generation->Default