[x264-devel] Announcing commercial licensing for x264

Jason Garrett-Glaser licensing at x264.com
Sat Aug 7 13:17:15 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 2:54 AM, James Darnley <james.darnley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 August 2010 09:11, Alex Jurkiewicz <alex at bluebottle.net.au> wrote:
>> Will x264 not have a standard rate card?
>>

> If someone had read the original email, they might have seen this:
> "5.  Our planned starting price is $1 per unit, with a 10,000 unit minimum."
>
> If anyone wants to discuss pricing or anything else you should contact
> them at the appropriate address which is in the original email and
> which Nathan has just reposted.

Do note that the price listed is for a standard model in which
client-side applications are sold to customers.  We plan to have a
different model for server-side applications and such.

Furthermore, we are willing to adapt the model to some extent to fit
whatever is most convenient for the licensee.  For example, if you are
running x264 on EC2 instances, a "per server" pricing model doesn't
make any sense.

Jason