[x264-devel] AVC Decoder Configuration Record

herbert westmacott herbie.westmacott at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 10:35:25 CET 2010

On 14 December 2010 23:23, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
>> aligned(8) class AVCDecoderConfigurationRecord {
>> unsigned int(8) configurationVersion = 1;
>> unsigned int(8) AVCProfileIndication;
>> unsigned int(8) profile_compatibility;
>> unsigned int(8) AVCLevelIndication;
>> bit(6) reserved = ‘111111’b;
>> unsigned int(2) lengthSizeMinusOne;
>> bit(3) reserved = ‘111’b;
>> unsigned int(5) numOfSequenceParameterSets;
>> for (i=0; i< numOfSequenceParameterSets; i++) {
>> unsigned int(16) sequenceParameterSetLength ;
>> bit(8*sequenceParameterSetLength) sequenceParameterSetNALUnit;
>> }
>> unsigned int(8) numOfPictureParameterSets;
>> for (i=0; i< numOfPictureParameterSets; i++) {
>> unsigned int(16) pictureParameterSetLength;
>> bit(8*pictureParameterSetLength) pictureParameterSetNALUnit;
>> }
>> }
>
> x264 does not generate any such structure.  Such a structure is not
> part of the H.264 spec.

Hi Jason

I know this isnt part of the H264 spec its defined in the ISO/IEC
14496-15.  The muxers insert this record into the stream so maybe best
to post this question on ffmpeg-devel mailing list.

My question to libx264 was really is it possible to tell it what
length value to choose for the NALUnitLength in the AVC payload. if
this entry is specified incorrectly for example in the Decoder record
then the player cannot playback the stream.

This question is probably a better fit for ffmpeg-devel.

Thanks