[x264-devel] inter frame and intra frame ..whic one first?

pedro chaparro pdro07 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:04:12 CET 2010

hi everyone, i'm not an expert in video encoding , i'm working on a c++ code
that performance a kind of inter encoding , when i receive a P frame i
sbstrat it from the las I frame, and i encode the difference (quantization
and VLC), now i have to introduce into this code a intra coding,  in order
to do that i will include a DCT block to transform that difference between
the two frames. My doubt is about what is better do the process as i
mentioned before or perform first de intra ending before make the difference
between the frames.

Thanks

--
Pedro Alonso Chaparro Valero R&D Engineer
Ciudad Politecnica de la Innovación