[x264-devel] X264, amd64, compile error

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:35:18 CET 2010

2010/2/16 Rolf Schöpfer <rs at samplezone.ch>:
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place but I didn't find another list.
> Trying to compile x264 on Debian Lenny (amd64) ends with an error. Spent
> several hours for a solution but didn't succeed. Is this this a known error?

Someone else reported this also, see the "[x264-devel] X264, amd64,
compile error" thread. In the mean time, it looks like the compiler is
defaulting to x86_64 as it should, while the linker is defaulting to
i386. Could you try adding
--extra-ldflags="-m64"
to your configure line, and see if that fixes it.

--
-Nathan Caldwell