[x264-devel] Motion Vectors Data

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:10:27 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM, kumar gokhare <kumar.gokhare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a student from North Carolina State University and I am using the x264
> project for my thesis research. I was going through code and needed some
> help in pointing out some information. Can you point to the place where the
> raw motion vectors are stored in the data structures which are fed to vlc. I
> want to pre-process the co-efficients(after quantization) just before they
> are fed to entropy coder. It would be great if you could mention specific
> fields, as I am little confused with the presence of several buffers and
> caches.
> thanks,
> Kumar

Motion vectors for the current MB are h->mb.cache.mv and DCT
coefficients for the current MB are h->mb.dct.

Motion vectors for the whole frame are in h->mb.mv and are stored
there after each MB is finished encoding.  This is also available as
x264_frame_t->mv.

If you have detailed questions, I suggest you ask on IRC (#x264dev, Freenode).

Dark Shikari