[x264-devel] H264.SVC

Aaron Drew aarond10ster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:18:51 CET 2010

Hi list,

I work for a tech startup that is looking at making extensive use of video
conferencing technology and we've recently been interested in the potential
of H264.SVC. I realise that x264 lacks support for SVC right now but I am
wondering what it would cost to sponsor the development of this and how long
it would roughly take?

I know this is a pretty open-ended question and there may be licensing as
well as technical issues that make answering this quite hard but I'd like to
know if there is anyone here that is both capable and willing to take
something like this on and roughly how much would it likely cost in terms of
both man-power and dollars.

Feel free to contact me off list if that is more appropriate.

Thanks,
Aaron Drew