[x264-devel] x264 Resolution

Miguel Angel Arcos marcos at a5security.com
Tue Jan 26 12:19:49 CET 2010

Hi developers,

I'm starting developing using the codec x264 and I have some questions. I'm
actually using the Video Compression Functions (ICOpen, ICDecompress, etc..)
using the codec x264 installed using the "exe" with 32 bits compatibility.
The problem with that way to decompress is about the resolution of the
image. At first I don't know the resolution of every frame that I receive
(I'm using an IP Camera with known resolution of 640x480) and I need to know
that information to make the headers of the output buffers. If I use that
resolution all the process is OK but now that resolution is hard coded on my
source code.

I can't find any library and ".h" to add on my source code to use specific
functions of the library x264 to search that values. Is possible to
parse/obtain the resolution of the encoded data that I receive at first?

Thank you in advance.

--
Miguel Angel Arcos