[x264-devel] Nvidia CUDA support

Anton Obukhov aobukhov at nvidia.com
Wed Jan 20 13:46:22 CET 2010

This topic has been raised multiple times. Moving portions of the codec to CUDA is extremely hard. I'm doing some lazy research in this topic and will keep this list informed when some production-level results are ready. If anyone is sparking to help me (definitely video coding and CUDA background are strongly in demand), just contact me.

> I have a Acer Revo R3610 with Atom 330 and Nvidia ION.

My estimate is that by the time x264 works with CUDA, this kind of devices will become outdated.