[x264-devel] commit: Simplify pixel_ads (Loren Merritt )

Tomek Lenik tomek.lenik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:50:38 CEST 2010

> It transcode really slowly as its building up ram (like 2-5% cup usage)
> until it gets to be 1 or 2 gb of ram then it spikes to 70% cpu usage and
> then it runs out of memory.

What OS do you have installed? Is it Windows? Is your x264 build 32-bit?

Loren, does x264 map files in memory? I don't now source code well (in
fact last revision I've seen was ~666, but I like reading;) ). Maybe
it's silly to write this, but it seems to be paging plus 2GB limit in
Windows for 32bit process. (Explanation for Dylan).

Regards,
Tomek