[x264-devel] Red lines are not as sharp

Gil Pedersen gil at cmi.aau.dk
Mon Jul 19 11:32:24 CEST 2010

On 19/07/2010, at 10.43, doron jacoby wrote:

> While using the x264 encoder, I note that red lines doesn't appear as sharp as I expected. I wonder if there is tuning which i can do to resolve it?

Presently x264 only supports YUV 4:2:0 colorspaces which means that color resolution is half that of the input resolution. If you need full resolution of color you will need to pre-scale the input to twice the size (or wait until x264 supports 4:4:4 colorspaces). More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

Regards,
Gil