[x264-devel] Cycles for X264

Zubair Ali Khan zkhan at d2tech.com
Tue Jun 8 16:32:02 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am running X264 on ARM Snapdragon processor (similar to Cortex-8). It
seems to be taking quite a bit of cycles.

For example, each call to encode will consume average 100 million
cycles, limiting the frame rate to 5 frames per second on this
processor. My expectation was average 15 million cycles per call. Am I
expecting too much or is it some configuration issue?

I compiled it with Neon support (I see assembly being compiled in for ARM).
--
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: ARMv6 NEON
x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 2.1

I have configured it as:
--
     x264_param_default(p_ptr)
     x264_param_default_preset(p_ptr, "fast", "zerolatency")

Regards
Zubair Khan