[x264-devel] Is there any way to know the encoded bits for particular color space (Y) in each frames ?

Jason Su jasonthesecret at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:43:13 CEST 2010

 Dear all:

As title, I am doing some research and I need to know only Y component bit
rate for each frames.

In JM9.5 ,I can easily get it in two ways:
1. Just encoding a YUV4:0:0 sequence and therefore see the resulting psnr
and bitrate for Y component .
2. Access the variable in StatParameters structure in the file "global.h"

In QCIF sequence , only slightly diffenent amount of bits(100~200 bits)
between these 2 methods , but  its' OK~

I can't use method 1 because x264 could only encode 4:2:0 sequence.
I try to trace code and find    "x264_t->stat.frame.i_tex_bits"   may be
useful
Unfortunately it records both Y and UV coefficient bits  :(

Is there any way to get Ybits easily?
Or can you teach me how to pull the Ybits recored out roughly?

Thanks for answering~

Jason Su