[x264-devel] The size of search area in reference frames

john sisi sisi.john1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:50:26 CEST 2010

You mentioned that x264 by default uses the maximum vector size
allowed by the spec. I check these maximum limits in function
x264_me_search_ref and it seems that these limits are -19 for both
mv_x_min and mv_y_min and +250 for mv_x_max and mv_y_max. But why -19
and 250? Why we don't use a symmetric interval like -128 and 128?
Thanks,

John