[x264-devel] PSNR vs the distance of reference frame

Dylan Klebesadel dylanklebesadel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 02:35:50 CEST 2010

The reason for the increace in PSNR is the P.
Think of what the P stands for.

Your ASNR would be the same or lower, however.
Try doing this with the increace to 14 and collecting the ASNR and PSNR
going downwards and plot a graph.
You'll see what I mean :)

Peak Signal to Noise Ratio
Average Signal to Noise Ratio
The latter is more important for compression and the former is more
important for finding how to fix the ladder (when what is going on when it
reaches peak)

Logs please?