[x264-devel] Question about interpolate

kenter kenter83 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 07:57:24 CET 2010

Hi,
    I have a question about interpolation. It seems *x264_frame_filter* will
interpolate one MB line for each invoke. However, I find it also interp
"margin" data as well. Let's suppose the dim of image is W*H and margin is
32 for both x and y direction. The *x264_frame_filter*  will interpolate
(W+10*2)*(H+8*2) sized region and in *x264_frame_expand_border_filtered*,
only (W+4*2)*(H+8*2) sized region will be choosed as "right" and leave other
region to padding.
    My question is that why we interp so much data? Firstly, we can just
interpolate W*H sized image, this can save some computing power. Secondly,
it seems the excrescent interpolate of data out of image makes some
difference to it's edge.

Thanks