[x264-devel] 答复: Question about interpolate

Kenter(GMAIL) kenter83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:04:19 CET 2010

Thanks to Siping, You do help me a lot

  _____

发件人: x264-devel-bounces at videolan.org [mailto:x264-devel-bounces at videolan.
org] 代表 SiPing Tao
发送时间: 2010年3月22日 10:02
收件人: Mailing list for x264 developers
主题: Re: [x264-devel] Question about interpolate

Hi kenter,

When I reading the x264 code, I find the same thing as you mentioned. Here
is my thinking of this problem.

x264 interpolates (W+8*2)*(H+8*2) region, it's true, this is because only
W*H region is NOT enough. H.264/AVC standard defines the reference picture
interpolation process where padding samples also need to be interpolated.

However, if the six input samples are the same value T, sub-pixel
interpolation result will be T too, so we don't need to interpolate the
whole padding edge, and simple expanding is OK for some samples. I think
this is why x264 interplolates (W+8*2)*(H+8*2) region, and expands the rest
of the samples.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,
Siping