[x264-devel] commit: LAVF/FFMS input support, native VFR timestamp handling ( Kieran Kunhya )

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:42:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:51 AM, git version control <git at videolan.org> wrote:
> x264 | branch: master | Kieran Kunhya <kieran at kunhya.com> | Mon Dec 28 10:42:17 2009 -0500| [8b9dcd8d50be201f1bedc9b19331432969f37d98] | committer: Jason Garrett-Glaser
>
> LAVF/FFMS input support, native VFR timestamp handling
> Add libavformat and FFMS2 input support: requires libav* and ffms2 libraries respectively.
> FFMS2 is _STRONGLY_ preferred over libavformat: we encourage all distributions to compile with FFMS2 support if at all possible.
> FFMS2 can be found at http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/.
> --index, a new x264cli option, allows the user to store (or load) an FFMS2 index file for future use, to avoid re-indexing in the future.

I've now built x264 with ffms2 input support:

# x264 --help
x264 core:92 r1510 33d382a
Syntax: x264 [options] -o outfile infile [widthxheight]

Infile can be raw YUV 4:2:0 (in which case resolution is required),
  or YUV4MPEG 4:2:0 (*.y4m),
  or Avisynth if compiled with support (no).
  or libav* formats if compiled with lavf support (yes) or ffms support (yes).

If the input file has a libav* format, is ffms support automatically
used instead of lavf, or does the --demuxer option need to be set?

In other word, does  --demuxer auto (the default, right?) choose ffms
if it is available?

sean