[x264-devel] 1080p/60FPS, Purevideo low CPU but it's only non-choppy on Baseline [+VIDEO EX.]

Michael Menegakis arxeio at gmail.com
Wed May 12 22:53:50 CEST 2010

I suspected that; since I distinctly remember several 'engineers'
proposing delegation of part of the work to the GPU. I suppose,
*practically, "GPU bottlenecking" is what happened to me.

Also notice this is not a common video, it's a 1080p on 60FPS, GPU
accelerated playback may be fine on lightly lower FPS e.g. 50 and it's
fine on it's original specs if Baseline profiling is used.

It's also quite heavy to be played by a Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz on
multithreading. [not the best PC ever but it can't be considered
'common ability' yet].