[x264-devel] So many NAL units per call

Zubair Ali Khan zkhan at d2tech.com
Tue May 18 03:57:47 CEST 2010

Thanks Jason.
That helped bring down the bit rate with decent quality.
Zubair

On 05/17/2010 07:59 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Zubair Ali Khan<zkhan at d2tech.com>  wrote:
>
>> My issue. Some uninitialized memory was being processed.
>>
>> It will be nice if someone can comment if the params specified here are
>> sufficient for ~ 80 kbps encoding for a real time application.
>>
>> I am not a H.264 expert so several parameter are hard for me to understand
>> and configure.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Zubair
>>
> You probably want constant bitrate encoding mode, which means you need
> to set vbv-maxrate.
>
> You also need to set a buffer size equivalent to your client's buffer size.
>
> Dark Shikari

Zubair Khan
Director of Technology

SB Office: 104 W Anapamu St, Suite J, Santa Barbara, CA 93110
MA Office: 105 Woodside Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776
Phone:     +1-805-564-3424 x 420
Fax:       +1-805-966-2144
Skype:     d2_zkhan
Yahoo:     d2.zkhan