[x264-devel] Thresholds about slicetype_decide

kenter kenter83 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 10:52:21 CEST 2010

I find there is a bug in my hack, after bug fixing, the PSNR is
34.877dB(vs 34.855dB of 8x8 ME version)

However, I still have some questions:
1. There is only 0.022dB PSNR gain for slicetype_decide by 16x16 vs
8x8 lowres one, Is it reasonable?
2. The return value of x264_slicetype_mb_cost must be divided by 4
(i_bcost/4), otherwise, there is a 0.5dB PSNR drop, I think it doesn't
make sense only if there are some parameters/thresholds related to
8x8, can you help me to find out these parameters/thresholds?

Thanks!