[x264-devel] interlace

Purvin Pandit purvinp at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 13:01:44 CEST 2010

Hello experts,
I have a doubt about the interlace mode support in x264.
There were 2 parameters introduced recently: -tff/-bff. I wasnt able to clearly tell what the benefit of using that was over -interlace. The way I understand the code both are still doing field MB coding only i.e. not Paff. But the new flags set the picture structure correctly. What was the benefit realized from that? Are the field references managed separately?
Thanks,-Purvin