[x264-devel] Question on X264

ray yin ryin01 at students.poly.edu
Thu May 27 02:12:05 CEST 2010

Dear x264 maintainers

I am sorry to bother you.

I am a graduate student at Polytechnic Institute of New York University.
Recently, I am doing some research on X264 and SVC.
Now I need to modify the function "getopt_internal" to support some other
parameters besides optind and optarg . For example,
I want to update the command line like this --qp argument1 argument2
--frames argument1 argument2.However, I cannot step in
that function with GDB and even add printf("Hello World") in that
function didn't work.

Would you please give me some advice or tell me how to figure out the
problem? Why did the changes I made in getopt_internal
not work at all? In my opinion, it should not be library function. And my
platform is Ubuntu.

In addition, I try to use "./configure --enable-debug" and then compile the
source code. But the compiling didn't success because
x264_VERSION cannot be assigned value.

Thank you very much!

--
Best Regards