[x264-devel] Video encoder design for infrared cameras

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:36:36 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:18 AM, pedro chaparro <pdro07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, i'm working on a project where we want to develope a new video encoder
> system to be used on Infrared cameras, on of the requirements for this
> encoder is the support of Region of interest capacities, i wonder i the x264
> libraries  could be a good libraries framework to get started with this
> desing?

typedef struct
{
    /* In: an array of quantizer offsets to be applied to this image
during encoding.
     *     These are added on top of the decisions made by x264.
     *     Offsets can be fractional; they are added before QPs are
rounded to integer.
     *     Adaptive quantization must be enabled to use this feature.
Behavior if quant
     *     offsets differ between encoding passes is undefined.
     *
     *     Array contains one offset per macroblock, in raster scan
order.  In interlaced
     *     mode, top-field MBs and bottom-field MBs are interleaved at
the row level. */
    float *quant_offsets;
    /* In: optional callback to free quant_offsets when used.
     *     Useful if one wants to use a different quant_offset array
for each frame. */
    void (*quant_offsets_free)( void* );
} x264_image_properties_t;

Dark Shikari