[x264-devel] External motion vectors in x264

Marco Munderloh munderl at tnt.uni-hannover.de
Tue Nov 9 21:01:30 CET 2010

> Can you explain your particular use-case in more detail?
> Additionally, how are you going to signal partition types and
> macroblock modes?

At the moment I just want to reuse some already calculated motion
vectors from a preprocessor to reduce computing time. For the decision
on what macroblock mode and partition to use I still want to use the RD
optimizer of x264. To get motion vectors for every partition I'm
thinking of smart interpolating them from the known motion vectors which
are on a sub macroblock level.